Topic

Incidents

Shootings, accidents, criminal cases, and other events that quickly become public disputes.

Updated: July 8, 2026 at 09:09 PMCards in topic: 34Issues with this topic: 25Page 3 / 6from July 1, 2026 to July 7, 2026

Topic feed

Cards from every issue

13-18 / 34
July 7, 202609:09 PM
IncidentsBelgrade

After Veselin Milic's release from custody, the Senjak case shifts toward the remaining qualification

Published: July 7, 2026 at 11:24 AM. Updated: July 8, 2026 at 09:09 PM.

N1 reports that the Higher Court in Belgrade has lifted custody for former Belgrade police chief Veselin Milic and that he has already left Central Prison, meaning he will defend himself from freedom in the next phase. In N1's reporting and the lawyers' comments carried there, the case has narrowed to the failure-to-report branch around the killing of Aleksandar Nešović at restaurant 27 in Senjak, while critics tie the release to the fact that evidentiary actions on that branch are exhausted and that the investigation has already been seriously compromised.

July 5, 202612:10 PM

On July 5 morning, three young people died in Surcin and Banja Koviljaca crashes

Published: July 5, 2026 at 11:06 AM. Updated: July 5, 2026 at 04:09 PM.

N1, 021, and Kurir, citing the Interior Ministry, report that three young people died early on July 5 in two separate traffic crashes in Surcin and Banja Koviljaca. A 22-year-old car driver died in Surcin, while two 18-year-olds died in Banja Koviljaca, including a probationary-license driver; police then issued a separate warning to drivers about the cost of a single mistake or moment of inattention.

July 2, 202609:15 PM

After Gazimestan detentions, new testimonies and the Kosovo Office response emerged

Published: July 2, 2026 at 11:20 AM. Updated: July 2, 2026 at 11:20 AM.

N1/Radio Kim published the accounts of Damjan Otasevic and Stefan Tatar, detained after the memorial service at Gazimestan: they allege psychological and physical pressure, a EUR 700 fine, and a three-year ban from Kosovo. Novosti/Tanjug carries a statement by Milos Terzic, deputy director of the Office for Kosovo and Metohija: he says medical documentation will be used and expects a more concrete international response; the article also says 36 Serbs were detained after the June 28 memorial service.

HealthBelgradeNew Belgrade

Mother and Child Institute director says children were not at risk after acid spill

Published: July 2, 2026 at 03:03 PM. Updated: July 2, 2026 at 03:03 PM.

Dr Vukan Cupic Institute director Vladislav Vukomanovic told Nova.rs/N1 that children were not at risk after sulfuric acid with a chromium mixture spilled, because the autopsy room is in another building and no one was injured. He also said he does not know why bottles with the carcinogenic substance were in the room where they broke.

July 1, 202604:10 PM
HealthBelgradeNew Belgrade

Chromic-sulfuric acid spill remediated at the Mother and Child Institute

Published: July 1, 2026 at 08:10 PM. Updated: July 1, 2026 at 08:10 PM.

N1 wrote on the evening of July 1 that a chromic-sulfuric acid spill in the autopsy room of the Mother and Child Institute in New Belgrade had been remediated, and on-site measurements did not show elevated levels of hazardous substances. A nurse who tried to clean up the spill went for a preventive examination; emergency medical staff were on site.

IncidentsLeskovac

A magnitude 3.9 earthquake hits the Leskovac area

Published: July 1, 2026 at 11:10 AM. Updated: July 1, 2026 at 11:10 AM.

On the morning of July 1, a magnitude 3.9 earthquake was recorded in the Leskovac area according to preliminary data, N1 reports. Kurir, citing the Republic Seismological Institute, writes that the epicenter was in the Leskovac region, with theoretical epicentral intensity estimated at V-VI on the Mercalli scale, meaning such tremors may cause minor damage in the epicentral area.